Updated August 24, 2017
WBH Marketing, Inc dba We Buy Houses® (hereinafter "company")
This Policy notifies you of: (a) what personal information of yours is collected when you access webuyhouses.com and/or use any services of company; (b) how the information is collected; (c) how the information is used and shared; (d) our efforts to maintain the security of Sensitive Information; and (e) other details concerning your personal information and our policies.
This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that company does not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage.
Copyright, Trademark, Service Mark and "Trade Dress" Information
WeBuyHouses.com, We Buy Houses and the WeBuyHouses.com website are all protected by United States copyright laws. All Rights Reserved
In addition, the phrase We Buy Houses - in plain, typed English Language and the URL WeBuyHouses.com are both Protected as Registered Trademarks by the United States Patent and Trademark Office. We Buy Houses® is a Trademark of WBH Marketing, Inc. and WeBuyHouses.com® is a Servicemark of WBH Marketing, Inc.. Your attention is directed to TradeMark Registration # 3149336, Serial Number 78073479 and ServiceMark Registration # 3235523, Serial Number 76491672 of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
The Content (copyrighted language, information and trademarked names) on this website is protected by U.S. Trademark law, U.S. Copyright law and international treaties. No part of it may be copied or reproduced in any manner, whatsoever, without the express written consent of company
Warning: DO NOT copy or reproduce this material in any manner without the express written permission of the company. You may, however, download or print material from this site for your own personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright notices.
DO NOT copy or adapt the HTML or META TAG information which WeBuyHouses.com creates to generate pages. It also is protected by copyright, trademark and intellectual property laws. The "look" and "feel" of the site, including color combinations, layout and other graphical elements (known as "trade dress") also is protected by trademark and intellectual property laws. DO NOT copy or reproduce WeBuyHouses.com’s "trade dress" in any way.
Information Collection and Use
Company collects information from our affiliates (Subscribers) or other persons who use, attempt to use, or access services (users) at several different points and from different sources, all or some of which may apply to you:
When you sign up to be a Subscriber or potential Subscriber of the company or its services, we ask for, and you are required to give, your name, contact, and billing information. Once you register with us, you are not anonymous to us.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that allow us to enhance your experience on our site by customizing content to you. Cookies are stored on your computer, not ours.
WeBuyHouses.com automatically receives and records information on its server logs from your Web browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. We use IP addresses and cookies to analyze trends of people that visit the site, track members and users movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Information from Other SourcesFor reasons such as improving personalization of our service, we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
Use of Information
Information we collect is generally used for the following purposes:
- To build features that will make the services available on our site easier to use.
- To improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize our sites content, layout, and services. These uses improve our services and better tailor them to meet your needs.
- To resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our license agreements.
- Sharing of Information of seller: Except as otherwise provided herein, the information we collect from property sellers is shared with our marketing partners, house buyers, or other third parties. The company may sell or rent aggregated statistical information and user information, including name, address, telephone number and payment information, to our marketing partners or other third-parties who have offers or opportunities which, in company’s opinion, may be of value or benefit to a seller. We may use the personal information that you supply to us and we may work with other third parties to bring selected opportunities to you via direct mail, email and telemarketing. If you want the company to stop sharing information it has about you in the future, you may notify us of this fact by contacting company at (877) We Buy Houses.
- Sharing of Information of Subscriber/Affiliate: Except as otherwise provided herein, the information we collect from house buyers, including but not limited to Subscriber/Affiliates and other property buyers may be shared with marketing partners, house buyers or other third parties. We reserve the right to disclose personal information, including Sensitive Information, when we believe that such disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or to protect the rights or property of company or to enforce our agreement with Subscribers. In the event that company, or a considerable portion of its assets are acquired by a third party - Subscriber/Affiliate and investor information and Sensitive Information may be some of the transferred assets.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from member lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing member services. They have access to personal and Sensitive Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Special Offers and Announcements
We send welcoming email or other notification to verify password and username. Users and former users will occasionally receive information on services, special deals or products, and a newsletter.
Company takes every precaution to protect our users and members Sensitive Information, both online and offline. Your Sensitive Information is password-protected for your privacy and security. Sensitive Information is encrypted and is protected online. We do note store any credit card information on the web site.
Sensitive Information is also protected offline in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a billing clerk or Subscriber services representative) are granted access to Sensitive Information. Furthermore, all employees are kept up-to-date on our security practices and changes in those practices. Finally, the servers that we store Sensitive Information on are kept in a secure environment.
Company may forward users and members to other sites. Please be aware that company is not responsible for the business and privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our site and to read the legal notices and privacy policies of each and every website you visit.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If a Subscriber’s personal information changes, (name, address, billing information, etc) we provide a way to correct or update that Subscriber’s personal data provided to us.
Notification of Changes
If we decide to change any policy, we will post these changes on our homepage or provide other notification of our revised policy so our users and/or Subscribers are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and when we disclose it.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection
Company serves general users of the World Wide Web. We support and comply with the Childrens Online Protection Act (COPA) and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, nor do we share such information with third parties. Children under the age of 18 may not use company services.
Special Notification for California Residents, Your California Privacy Rights
Individuals who reside in California and have provided their personal information to company may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties.